Read more ...
- what information we may collect about you;
- how we use any information we collect about you;
- when we may use your details to contact you;
- whether we disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you have provided to us;
What information we collect from you
When you sign up to participate in or receive services from Springboard Services and this may include services such as ordering products, newsletters, competitions, readers’ offers, surveys or online registration, we may ask for personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your full name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone or mobile number.
By entering your details in the fields requested, you enable Springboard Services and its service providers to provide you with the services you select.
We may also use your IP address for some of our website services (please see our "Cookies policy").
How we use the information they collect about you
Springboard Stories will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- for service administration purposes, which means that Springboard Stories may contact you for reasons related to the service you have signed up for example, sending your order to you or to provide you with password reminders should you forget your password
- to notify you of changes to our service or maintenance to the website;
- if you have submitted some content for one of our future topics we may contact you;
- to personalise or improve the way any advertising we may present to you online (see our Cookies policy):
- IP addresses may also be used to identify the location of users, the number of visits from different countries
- IP addresses may also be used to block disruptive use;
- to meet product order; to process payments; and to keep our records up to date;
- where you have consented to be contacted, to send you direct marketing by telephone, post or email about special offers and current or new products that you may be interested in;
- to enable other people or businesses to carry out work on our behalf;
- to manage our competitions and contact the winners;
- where you have given us your permission, to pass your information to carefully selected organisations to allow them to tell you about their special offers or products and services that may be of interest to you.
We will only use your information within Springboard Stories company. We will not pass your information to other third parties for marketing purposes unless you have consented to this.
We will only disclose your data to third party data processors with your consent or where we need to do so in order to provide a service. The data processors to whom we may pass your data will be appropriately contracted third parties. Otherwise, we will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies).
Springboard Stories will require all third party data processors to whom your information is disclosed to comply strictly with its instructions and we will require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes.
Contacting our customers
Springboard Stories may contact you:
- in relation to fulfilling any service you have signed up for in order to ensure that we can deliver the services to you;
- where you have opted to receive newsletters or other correspondence;
- to invite you to participate in surveys (participation to surveys is voluntary);
- to carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and Springboard Stories; and
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this.
Springboard Stories will never contact you for marketing purposes by phone or email to promote new services to you unless you agree to be contacted for these purposes.
Keeping your personal information
Where you contribute to a Springboard Stories website we will generally only keep your content for as long as is reasonably required for the purpose(s) for which it was submitted.
You and the Data Protection Act
The Data Protection Act gives you the right to request a copy of the personal information Springboard Stories holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (There may be an administration charge for information requests and we will require you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved photographic identification.) We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files.
14 Hamilton Terrace